Glasgow (Inchinnan, Renfrewshire) with some international travel
As a result of a reorganisation, Peak Scientific is seeking a passionate and driven Chief Operating Officer responsible for overseeing global operations and delivering the company’s portfolio of products and services to its customer base. The business currently has 680 employees, manufactures product in Scotland and China while selling and servicing product in over 120 countries worldwide.
The role will own all internal fulfilment functions including Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, Facilities and H&S as well as the significant Global Service Delivery offering. As a member of the Company’s Executive Team, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) role will be a key contributor to the organisation’s strategic direction. You will also lead and develop a growing senior management team into a cross-functional high-performance team able to run the day-to day operation with appropriate KPIs and reporting metrics in place to deliver consistency. The collaborative and consultative nature of the role requires capacity to work with people at all levels, across multiple geographies and cultures. You will at times deputise for the CEO as well as play a key role as owner of the Operating Leadership Team, chairing both weekly and quarterly meetings.
Customer focus is a key tenet within Peak and the business aims to delight its customers in every single interaction. It is therefore fundamental that this individual can build structure, accountability and repeatability ensuring the customer always receives on-time, high quality products and services maintaining Peak’s position as market leader.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Directing and implementing effective business strategy to enable scalability and efficiency in all operations functions
• Developing business plans and investment plans to drive business growth ambitions, allocating budget and resource appropriately
• Working closely with the CEO, CFO and CRO and other members of the Leadership team, including General Managers to drive results from both an operational and financial perspective, ensuring targets and milestones are achieved
• Leading cross-functional teams to deliver corrective action and continuous improvement
• Driving Quality into every step of the process, ensuring a ‘right first time’ mentality that exceeds customer expectation.
You must have proven success as COO or Senior Operations position in a manufacturing and/or service business circa £100-150m sized company, with experience of leading multiple manufacturing sites across different global locations. You will have operated at strategic board level and have a strong and proven track record for delivering results.
The COO role will be challenging and fast-paced but rewarding and engaging. On offer is a great work environment, plus the chance to make a real contribution to the future growth and success of a Scottish global manufacturing business.
Peak Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of their religion and beliefs, race, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability or any other protected classification.