A new opportunity has arisen for a Design and Development Manager within our Design Engineering Department at Peak HQ, Inchinnan. Reporting to the Head of Design Engineering, you will be responsible for providing leadership, technical and project management support to several project teams including the Test and Validation team. Your primary focus being to deliver best in class new products to the business on time and within budget. With a strong focus on standardisation, you’ll ensure projects are delivered to the Product Development Process with regular communications to the wider business and key stakeholders. You will need to champion and promote best practise ensuring a culture of Excellence as Standard is upheld across all teams. With a focus on a culture of collaboration and empowerment to ensure projects are completed right first time, additionally you will be responsible for:
- Actively monitoring and driving the Product and Technology Roadmap in conjunction with the Product Management function ensuring correct action on multiple priorities
- Driving a culture of Continuous Improvement and Engineering Excellence
- Facilitating regular status update sessions with wider DE team and other stakeholders
- Developing and mentoring the teams by sharing knowledge and best practice
You must have a proven track record in a similar role of leading and driving teams in a fast-paced Engineering environment in a £50-100m company, with knowledge of engineering best practices including Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly. Candidates should also have a degree in a relevant engineering discipline or sufficient experience.
In addition you will have an understanding of the following:
- Mechanical, pneumatical and electrical engineering principles
- Championing Continuous Improvement activities on product or process
- Awareness of EN 61010, UL and ISTA certifications
- Lean / Six Sigma training or certification would be advantageous
Our values are structured around our colleagues, our customers and our service, our priority is always on delivering successful outcomes for our customers. At the heart of Peak is a focus on ‘doing the right thing’, it’s an informal approach but one which is well-known and understood throughout our business.
Peak Scientific is a global leader in developing innovative gas generation solutions for analytical laboratories in a wide variety of industries including life sciences, biomedical, pharma, petrochemical and environmental. After over 20 years of sustained growth, Peak is well established as a dominant player in laboratory gas generation - a market which is estimated to be worth over £250m globally, and still growing. With over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 600 staff globally, Peak is one of Scotland’s manufacturing success stories of the past decade. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of that, as we move into the next phase of growth, consolidation and global expansion with plans to establish new manufacturing and distribution capacity, both in the UK and internationally.
We offer a competitive package and opportunities to develop within an expanding international company. If you have what it takes to be part of Peak, click APPLY!