Our team in North America, which is headquartered in Billerica, Massachusetts, is set to expand significantly and our Field Service Engineers are what make Peak; they’re the champions of service who keep our customer’s generators and workflows running smoothly. This important investment in additional FSEs will ensure that we maintain our high standards of service whilst supporting further business growth in the coming years.
Peak Scientific is a fast-growing company specializing in the manufacture of laboratory gas generators for the life science and biomedical market. As a Field Service Engineer, you will be joining a North American team of around 70 staff, including dedicated sales and field service engineer teams covering the whole of mainland US and key territories in Canada. We are an award- winning company with our headquarters in Scotland who export 90% of our sales to approximately 126 countries.
You will be based and working in the Albany area whilst comfortable with extensive weekday travel.
Reporting to the Regional Service Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high level of service and technical advice for Peak customers, OEM’s, distributors and internal staff
- Carrying out routine maintenance, emergency repairs and installations, as well as general support in a professional, prompt and efficient manner to ensure total customer satisfaction
- Responding effectively and professionally to all customer requests for service and support
- Maintaining and replenishing personal stock of parts and carry out inventory checks as requested
- Ensuring an effective liaison with other Peak departments to ensure a high level of communication and cooperation for all aspects of customer and product support
- Using your initiative to continually enhance and develop knowledge and understanding of the complete product range
Ideally, the successful candidate will have an understanding of pressure systems and transportable gases and it would be advantageous if you have a mechanical or electrical engineering degree or in a related subject. It’s important that you have good communication skills with the ability to prioritise your workflow.
You will also possess:
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong electro-mechanical skills and ability to follow equipment drawings and flow diagrams
- Good practical skills and a methodical approach to resolving problems
- Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines
Please note: At this time many of our customers are requiring on-site service personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may be required to share your vaccination status. There will be extensive weekly travel as part of this role.
The company is offering a competitive package and opportunities to develop within an expanding international company. We respect our colleagues, customers and suppliers and we offer freedom to act, to challenge the status quo but to also take responsibility. If you have what it takes to be part of Peak, click APPLY!
Peak Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.