An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Field Service Engineer to join our Service division, ideally based in Edmonton.
Peak Scientific inc the rapidly expanding North American arm of Peak Scientific, with its main US office located in Billerica, Massachusetts, and plans for further significant growth over the next few years. You would be joining a North American team of around 60 staff, including dedicated sales and field service engineer teams covering the whole of mainland US and key territories in Canada.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be an experienced Service Engineer, with fantastic technical and customer service skills, and the desire to exceed customer expectations at every opportunity. You will be based in Houston and comfortable with extensive weekday travel.
Please note: At this time many of our customers are requiring on-site service personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You may be required to share your vaccination status.
Your main job functions will include:
- Providing a high level of service and technical advice for Peak customers, OEM’s, distributors and internal staff.
- Carrying out routine maintenance, emergency repairs and installations, as well as general support in a professional, prompt and efficient manner to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Responding effectively and professionally to all customer requests for service and support (telephone and email).
- Providing customers with a clear and accurate service report for all work carried out.
- Maintaining and replenishing personal stock of parts and carry out inventory checks as requested.
- Ensuring an effective liaison with other Peak departments (sales, marketing, logistics, engineering and production) to ensure a high level of communication and cooperation for all aspects of customer and product support.
- Informing service manager of all serious customers complaints and escalations.
- Taking the initiative to continually enhance and develop knowledge and understanding of the complete product range.
- A detailed understanding of Pressure and Pneumatics
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of electronics and mechanical systems
- Good practical skills and a methodical approach to resolving problems
- Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Compliance at all times with customer Health and Safety requirement.
- A university degree in a related subject would be preferable but not essential
Peak Scientific is a global leader in developing innovative gas generation solutions for analytical laboratories in a wide variety of industries including life sciences, biomedical, pharma, petrochemical and environmental. After over 20 years of sustained growth, Peak is well established as a dominant player in laboratory gas generation - a market which is estimated to be worth over £250m globally, and still growing. This success is a result of a continual focus on manufacturing cutting-edge products and in directly supporting customers across the world with industry-leading service and maintenance. With over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 500 staff globally, Peak is one of Scotland’s manufacturing success stories of the past decade.
The company is offering a competitive package and opportunities to develop within an expanding international company. We respect our colleagues, customers and suppliers and we offer freedom to act, to challenge the status quo but to also take responsibility. If you have what it takes to be part of Peak, click APPLY!
Peak Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.