Job: Field Service Engineer
Location: Position will be based out of Chennai (South II) and will be responsible for the territories of Tamilnadu and Kerala.
Job type: Full Time
Peak Scientific Instruments, a fast–growing company specialising in the manufacture of laboratory gas generators for the life science and biomedical market is looking to recruit Field Service Engineer to support our customers and OEMs in Southern territory of India.
We are an award winning company, with our head office based in Scotland, by Glasgow Airport and have a very strong reputation in the market place. Our current turnover is £50M, with plans to grow significantly over the next few years. We export 90% of our sales to approximately 126 countries and have a number of global offices including USA, China, South Africa, India, Brazil, Singapore, Mexico and Australia.
Reporting to Technical Service Supervisor – India, and dotted line reporting to Head of Service – India, South Asia and Middle East, the role will be based in Chennai, India and involve extensive travel.
Main Job functions:
· Provide a high level of service delivery and technical support for Peak Scientific’s customers.
· Ensure that a high level of customer satisfaction is provided for the service and support of all Peak Scientific products by working within a right first time culture.
· Conduct routine maintenance, breakdown repairs and installations at customer sites.
· Working remotely from head office, you must be prepared to provide service back up or technical support during holidays, sickness cover etc.
· Maintain personal stock of parts and carry out inventory checks as requested
· Work with the sales team to develop both sales and service business in the territory
· Ensure an effective liaison with technical support to ensure a high level of communication and co-operation for all aspects of customer and product support.
· Educational requirements – Diploma / Degree in Mechanical / Electrical engineering or equivalent.
· Experience of maintaining pressure systems and transportable gases in a similar or related industry would be an advantage.
· A good understanding & working knowledge of hydraulic / pneumatic and electrical system.
· An appreciation and basic understanding of electronic control systems (PLC’s).
· Good practical skills and a methodical approach to resolving problems.
· Ability to work under pressure against tight business deadlines.
· Good communication, IT and interpersonal skills
· Good perception of H&S Legislation and its implications in the workplace.
· Language skills – English, Tamil, Hindi (knowledge of any other southern language i.e. Malayalam, Kannada or Telagu would be an added advantage).
The company is offering a competitive package and opportunities to develop within an expanding international company. Overseas training opportunities will be provided for the successful candidate.
Our environment is dynamic, with real energy and there are always changes and challenges in this growing company, presenting opportunities for personal and professional growth.
If this describes you and you can see yourself playing a role at the core of our organisation and our expanding technology manufacturing business, there’s a great career pathway awaiting you. To apply please click the apply button.