FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN – Brisbane based – AUSTRALIA
Peak provide the cleanest and greenest Nitrogen and Hydrogen gas from our on-site gas generators. Working with your supportive local team – you will be guided and trained to become a world class compressor and gas generator technician. At Peak we primarily provide service and support to the world’s best professors, doctors and STEM expert to facilitate their ground-breaking discoveries in Australia and New Zealand.
No hard selling, need to prepare your own quotes, schedule or invoice!
The right person to fit our growing team will love to learn, have a growth mind-set, be a true team player and like to fix things to assure their longevity for the future.
Work hours and benefits
- Full time Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm
- Work from home
- Laptop, mobile and work credit card
- Car allowance - choose/ use your own car!
- Petrol card and toll tag
- Specialised calibrated tools.
- In house and on-site training + ongoing yearly certification
- PPE + work boots
- Performance based Cash incentives/ bonuses
Main KPI’s of a Peak FST:
- Provide a high level of hands-on service and technical advice for all customers.
- Install and test Peak products.
- Perform Preventative Maintenances (PM’s) according to the service manual.
- Provide technical support + basic troubleshooting.
- Provide basic user startup/ shut down/ how to use our products.
- Escalate any issues to manager promptly.
- Correctly use necessary tools and equipment
- Writes clear and concise service reports after every service.
- Collaborates by sharing field knowledge with manager, other service technicians and Peak colleagues.
- Follows set processes, procedures and appointments.
- Maintains inventory and van stock by carrying out parts/ tooling checks.
- Adheres to safety regulations and industry standards.
- Ability to provide basic services: installation, PM and troubleshooting.
- Produce quality service reports for record keeping.
- Quality of support provided based on feedback from both customers and internal staff.
- Efficiency, productivity and ability to assist the team with local technical detail.
- Perform services to standard in allocated scheduled time.
- Carry out routine maintenance, emergency repairs, installations and training.
- Respond effectively and professionally to all customer requests for service and support (telephone and email).
- Provide customers with a clear and detailed service report for all work carried out.
- Submit all service reports at the end of each service visit through online phone application.
- Maintain and replenish personal stock of parts and carry out inventory checks as requested.
- Discuss service requests daily with service supervisor and local FSE
- Report any service issues / escalations to service manager.
- Continually enhance and develop knowledge (online and in workshop training)
- Pass- through knowledge from the field to sale and service sales.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Quick to learn new skills.
- Basic understanding of pressure systems and transportable gases.
- Good practical skills and a methodical approach to resolving problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and think quickly to problem solve.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to interface comfortably and effectively both internally and externally with a broad spectrum of personalities.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety as it impacts the position.
- Quickly use basic computing software and obtain information: Office 365 (word, PowerPoint, excel), search engines (google, internet explorer), email (Outlook, calendar), iPhone (apps, download files).
- Flexible approach to travel with a VALID driver's license.
- Thirst for knowledge and drive to help people.
Experience of maintaining pressure systems and transportable gases in a similar or related industry including Compressor/ hydraulic/ filtration or electronic knowledge will be advantageous (though not essential).
White card/ Working with children’s and other additional certifications advantageous though not essential.
Previous customer relationship/ retail or other sales experience desired
Location and reporting
Our FST will report to the Service manager with daily reporting to Service Supervisor.
The position is primarily based in Brisbane, QLD.
Interstate work may be required during the Monday - Friday work week and paid for by Peak.
Overnight absences during the working week may be expected after the training period.
You will have the opportunity to receive foundation training at our training Centre in Port Melbourne and become a certified Peak FST.
Training or qualifications in related areas.
Applicants with valid ability and proof to work in Australia and current drivers' license need only apply.