Reporting to the Head of IT, the successful candidate will work within the global IT team to be responsible for leading on a variety of projects working with internal stakeholders as well as third party partners. The provision of IT platforms and services is central to the success of the company and our talented IT team support our global business. This role will help us deliver strategic projects as well as contributing to shaping and delivering a model to deliver on small enhancements to enable the business to work more effectively.
Your duties will include:
- Shaping the definition for projects; identifying and communicating with stakeholders to ensure project alignment with other key business objectives
- Delivering project team structures that are clearly defined and appropriately resourced
- Building and delivering appropriate project, milestone, sprint plans; communicating to stakeholders to maintain visibility of targets, goals and progress
- Defining resource dependencies across the IT and business teams, business contributors and external partners
- Managing project demands; intercepting issues and implementing countermeasures as required
- Facilitating and scheduling all key project gate reviews to ensure that the required level of management control is in place
Ideally you will be degree qualified in a relevant field with proven experience in an IT project management role, including using different methodologies such as Agile, waterfall or hybrid approaches. It would be highly advantageous if you have experience of working within ERP programmes.
You will also possess:
- The confidence to challenge the status quo with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Ability to reflect constructively on own work, looking for ways to improve efficiency and understanding the impact of decisions
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience in dealing with senior business users, determining requirements and priorities as well as resolving issues
- Experience with Business process modelling tools e.g. Visio.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage multiple workstreams and initiatives
Our values at Peak are structured around our colleagues, our customers and our service, our priority is always on delivering successful outcomes for our customers. At the heart of Peak is a focus on ‘doing the right thing’, it’s an informal approach but one which is well-known and understood throughout our business.
Established over 20 years, Peak Scientific is a leading innovator in the design, manufacture and support of high-performance gas generators for analytical laboratories, with direct operations in every continent around the world. This success is a result of a continual focus on manufacturing cutting-edge products and in directly supporting customers across the world with industry-leading service and maintenance. With over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 600 staff globally, Peak is one of Scotland’s manufacturing success stories of the past decade. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of that, as we move into the next phase of growth, consolidation and global expansion with plans to establish new manufacturing and distribution capacity, both in the UK and internationally.
This role will be challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding and engaging. On offer in return is a fantastic hybrid work pattern, a great work environment, plus the chance to make a real contribution to the future growth and success of a global business. If you like the sound of our brand and culture, please click APPLY!
Peak Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of their religion and beliefs, race, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability or any other protected classification.