Peak Inc. is the rapidly expanding North American arm of Peak Scientific, with its main US office located in Billerica, Massachusetts, and plans for significant further growth over the next few years. You would be joining a North American team of around 70 staff, including dedicated sales and field service engineer teams covering the whole of mainland US and key territories in Canada. Peak Scientific is a global leader in gas generation for analytical laboratories, operating worldwide with sales in over 126 countries and offices in every continent.
As a key member of the North America leadership team, the NA Head of Service and Operations will report to the General Manager North America and in conjunction with the Global Service Delivery Director ensure that field service, technical support, warehouse and training is delivered to the highest standard; working together with the NA leadership team to drive the performance of the North America business; contributing to the smooth running of the Billerica office and striving to make Peak North America an even better place to work for everybody (field, home and office based staff).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Agree, analyze and manage Service KPI’s and metrics across the region. Use the KPIs to ensure we are delivering service performance now and will do in the future.
- Responsible for the budget of service and operations expenditure and investment (assets or people).
- Responsible for the delivery of Service (incl Tech support) and Operations in North America.
- Manage the warehouse team, and monitor stock levels and value.
- Ensure that the Team have fantastic customer ethos; monitor customer issues and complaints; investigate and introduce steps to avoid a recurrence.
- Ensure a reasonable balance between workload and resource; report the same monthly; request to recruit where appropriate to ensure agreed service levels can be adhered to.
- Work closely with other departments in North America particularly Service Sales and liaise with the group teams supporting NA (logistics, engineering and other Peak service departments) as necessary.
- Lead the team in the implementation of the operating system and ensure the departments needs are captured to improve overall efficiency e.g. First time fix, etc.
- Build service relationships with strategic partners such as the OEMs to resolve issues and gain a better understanding of the needs of the OEM and the end customer.
- Working with the Training Team ensure that training requirements are delivered to all relevant team members (incl. sales colleagues)
- Liaise with the Head of Technical as necessary.
- Promptly report any serious commercial or operational issues to General Manager and Global Service Delivery Director
- Proactively manage and monitor individual and team performance to ensure work objectives and standards are achieved and formally address sub-standard performance quickly and constructively, in line with Company procedures.
- Motivate and encourage your team to realise their full potential and objectives.
- Undertake an Annual Performance Development Review and interim reviews for the team ensuring regular review of goals and objectives.
- Ensure all unauthorised/unplanned absences are effectively managed.
- Actively seek to develop the skills and capabilities of the team and that any skills gaps are identified.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Strong customer focus
- A good knowledge of key business performance metrics
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Project management experience
- Strong all-round communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Working with transportable gases and pneumatic systems would be desirable
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook
Peak Scientific is a global leader in developing innovative gas generation solutions for analytical laboratories in a wide variety of industries including life sciences, biomedical, pharma, petrochemical and environmental. After over 20 years of sustained growth, Peak is well established as a dominant player in laboratory gas generation - a market which is estimated to be worth over £250m globally, and still growing. This success is a result of a continual focus on manufacturing cutting-edge products and in directly supporting customers across the world with industry-leading service and maintenance. With over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 600 staff globally, Peak is one of Scotland’s manufacturing success stories of the past decade.
The company is offering a competitive package and opportunities to develop within an expanding international company. We respect our colleagues, customers and suppliers and we offer freedom to act, to challenge the status quo but to also take responsibility. If you have what it takes to be part of Peak, click APPLY!
Peak Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.