Reporting to the Global Service Contract Manager this Service Sales Underwriter role will form part of a newly established team. A key element will be to contribute to new strategic processes and methods to assess risk and profitability of potential contract business, and then convert the business accordingly. The role will be responsible for regaining lost service contract business by successfully quoting and converting service contracts in line with Peak best practice and sales and underwriting strategy.
Your duties will include:
- Managing opportunities to proactively deliver against KPIs for the conversion of service contracts
- Effectively qualifying each opportunity, gathering data on customer profile to assess risk and potential profitability of each contract based on current strategy
- Working in collaboration with regional Service Sales teams when receiving, providing and managing contract opportunities
- Liaising with Global Spares team to ensure any lost contract opportunities are captured as potential spares sales, in line with global service sales strategy
- Effectively and accurately updating the CRM systems to manage all relevant customer information, orders and quotations
- Actively contributing to the ongoing development of Peaks service sales strategy by sharing insight and data on converted opportunities.
You will have experience in a commercial underwriting or inside sales role. You will also be customer focussed and able to build relationships and gain trust over the phone/email. The successful candidate will have proven experience of working autonomously and as part of a team.
You will also possess:
- Excellent analytical ability and judgement, particularly commercially
- Exceptional communication skills to engage clearly and accurately with internal and external stakeholders
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills with Microsoft packages, particularly Excel, Teams, Sharepoint
- Experience in using a CRM, particularly familiarity with SAP B1 or SAP C4C would be beneficial
Our values are structured around our colleagues, our customers and our service, our priority is always on delivering successful outcomes for our customers. At the heart of Peak is a focus on ‘doing the right thing’, it’s an informal approach but one which is well-known and understood throughout our business.
Peak Scientific is a global leader in developing innovative gas generation solutions for analytical laboratories in a wide variety of industries including life sciences, biomedical, pharma, petrochemical and environmental. After over 20 years of sustained growth, Peak is well established as a dominant player in laboratory gas generation - a market which is estimated to be worth over £250m globally, and still growing. With over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 600 staff globally, Peak is one of Scotland’s manufacturing success stories of the past decade.
We offer a competitive package, a hybrid working policy so you can split working between home and the office, and opportunities to develop within an expanding international company. If you have what it takes to be part of Peak, click APPLY!
Peak Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of their religion and beliefs, race, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability or any other protected classification.