Peak Scientific Instruments is a fast–growing company specializing in the manufacture of laboratory gas generators for the life science and biomedical market. Peak Scientific Inc. is the rapidly expanding North American arm of Peak Scientific, with its main US office located in Billerica, Massachusetts, and plans for significant further growth over the next few years.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Technical Support Specialist, based out of North Billerica, MA. You will be reporting to the North American Head of Service & Operations and work as part of our Service & Operations team, supporting our Customers, OEMs, Field and Office teams.
As Technical Support Specialist reporting to the NA Head of Service & Operations, you will take full ownership of Technical and Service enquiries for our Customers, OEMs, Field and Office teams. Your main job functions will include:
- Providing a high level of technical support in conjunction with the service management system.
- Prioritizing and scheduling of customer requested service/maintenance requests.
- Responding to and recording all incoming technical calls and emails.
- Maintaining up to date customer records.
- Informing line manager of all serious complaints and escalation.
You will have experience in the following:
- Engineering qualification, technical support/service or Service Engineer background.
- Experience in Fault Diagnosis.
- Strong knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read/follow electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic diagrams.
- Good practical skills and a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Strong telephone manner and Microsoft Office Skills.
- Knowledge of CRM systems.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible on working hour to allow coverage of both seaboards.
- Strong understanding of customer service.
Skills and Qualifications
- Associates degree or technical school background and 5 years’ experience in a technical field are desirable.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Quick to learn new skills.
- Complete and detailed understanding of pressure systems and transportable gases.
- Good practical skills and a methodical approach to resolving problems.
- Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to interface comfortably and effectively both internally and externally at all levels.
- Compliance always with customer Health and Safety requirement.
Our values are structured around our colleagues, our customers and our service, and while our approach and atmosphere within the business is fun, friendly and informal, our priority is always on delivering successful outcomes for our customers. These company values are what inform and protect our unique culture, which in turn shapes our brand and differentiates us in the eyes of our partners around the world. At the heart of Peak is a focus on ‘doing the right thing’, it’s an informal approach but one which is well-known and understood throughout our business.
Established over 20 years, Peak Scientific is a leading innovator in the design, manufacture and support of high-performance gas generators for analytical laboratories, with direct operations in every continent around the world. This success is a result of a continual focus on manufacturing cutting-edge products and in directly supporting customers across the world with industry-leading service and maintenance. With over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 600 staff globally, Peak is one of Scotland’s manufacturing success stories of the past decade. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of that, as we move into the next phase of growth, consolidation and global expansion with plans to establish new manufacturing and distribution capacity, both in the UK and internationally.
Peak Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.