Territory Manager – North California and Pacific Northwest
Location: Sacramento CA including 50% travel
Remuneration: Base salary $95K + commission and car allowance
Peak Scientific Inc., a fast-growing company specializing in the manufacture of laboratory gas generators for the life science and biomedical market, is looking to recruit a talented Territory Manager for North California and Pacific Northwest. You will be joining a North American team of around 70 staff, including dedicated sales and field service engineer teams covering the whole of mainland US and key territories in Canada. We are an award- winning company with our headquarters in Scotland. We export 90% of our sales to approximately 126 countries. We have an expanding operation in the Americas which is headquartered in Billerica, Massachusetts.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager – NA West, this role will ideally be located in Sacramento, CA and will involve travel throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, Central Valley, and
Northern California; as well as Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska. Travel is likely to other parts of the USA, Canada as well as the occasional visit to our head office in Scotland.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a territory consisting of many customers across various markets
- Prospecting and cold calling to establishes new customers by managing a sales pipeline and developing and delivering proposals to customers.
- Selling consultatively, detailing products, determining customer needs and requirements, and making recommendations to both prospects and customers of the various solutions
- Working with the Senior Territory Manager and Sales Manager to develop strategic territory business plans for achievement of sales growth
- Building and sustaining relationships with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Representing and developing strong relationships with OEM manufacturers.
You the successful candidate will have:
- College Degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-3+ Years Sales Experience Preferred
- Business to Business Sales Experience Preferred
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills
- Ability to carry a business conversation with business owners and decision makers
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and territory
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to sell strategically within an account
- Ability to understand individual customer operations
- Willingness to travel to customer locations
- Proactively update CRM on a daily basis
Our values are structured around our colleagues, our customers and our service, and while our approach and atmosphere within the business is fun, friendly and informal, our priority is always on delivering successful outcomes for our customers. These company values are what inform and protect our unique culture, which in turn shapes our brand and differentiates us in the eyes of our partners around the world. At the heart of Peak is a focus on ‘doing the right thing’, it’s an informal approach but one which is well-known and understood throughout our business.
If you have what it takes to be part of Peak, please click APPLY!