Reporting to the Global Head of Operations, this is a key role with the primary responsibility of creating and implementing a Lean Materials solution for Peak Scientific Manufacturing and Service Operations. Leading a team, you will be responsible for driving efficiencies to achieve meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in all areas of Warehouse Operations. Through fostering and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement, you’ll provide continuous high-level assurance and management of the Warehouse.
Duties will include:
- Establishing KPI’s, analysing and producing regular measurable statistics to support continuous improvement
- Cultivating pan-department coherence to enable support and confidence in Warehouse processes, procedures and Inventory Management
- Building medium and long-term projects in adherence with Peak’s Global aims and objectives
- Overseeing the implementation of a Cyclic Programme of Stocktaking with Financial and Warehouse policy guidelines
- Managing a team of Supervisors and an Inventory Controller whilst maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of lean materials management and have knowledge of Flow and Continuous Improvement methodologies. Ideally, you’ll have management experience with proficient knowledge of Warehouse policies and inventory management. We’re looking for a manager with the skills to inspire, lead and motivate the Warehouse.
You will also possess:
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels within the company
- Strong working knowledge of performance metrics in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to plan and organise effectively to manage resources
- Analytical ability with an acute accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to make key decisions and work under pressure
- Computer literate Microsoft Office (SAP B1 experience desired) and capable of operating an integrated computer system
- Driving Licence and Forklift - Counter Balance/Reach Truck licence desired
- Lean Green belt, or extensive expose to lean materials systems would be an advantage
Our values at Peak are structured around our colleagues, our customers and our service, our priority is always on delivering successful outcomes for our customers. At the heart of Peak is a focus on ‘doing the right thing’, it’s an informal approach but one which is well-known and understood throughout our business.
Established over 20 years, Peak Scientific is a leading innovator in the design, manufacture and support of high-performance gas generators for analytical laboratories, with direct operations in every continent around the world. This success is a result of a continual focus on manufacturing cutting-edge products and in directly supporting customers across the world with industry-leading service and maintenance. With over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 600 staff globally, Peak is one of Scotland’s manufacturing success stories of the past decade. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of that, as we move into the next phase of growth, consolidation and global expansion with plans to establish new manufacturing and distribution capacity, both in the UK and internationally.
This role will be challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding and engaging. On offer in return is a great work environment, plus the chance to make a real contribution to the future growth and success of a global business. If you like the sound of our brand and culture, please click APPLY!
Peak Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of their religion and beliefs, race, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability or any other protected classification.