Reporting to the Operations Manger you will be responsible for managing and driving the overall output of your Team Leaders in their dedicated Warehouse area of operation. Whilst promoting and encouraging a safe and energising working environment for employees, you will act as focal point to ensure that all policy and procedural processes are adhered to and reflected in the Inventory Management System.
In this key role, you will have the opportunity to actively seek out opportunities for continuous improvement to realise Warehouse efficiency and overall effective contribution to PEAK goals and objectives.
Duties will include:
- Driving quality and efficiency to expected standard in line with defined KPIs
- Supporting the Inventory Controller in their role, to ensure your teams carry out preparatory work for effective Cyclic Programmed Stocktaking
- Managing all key tasks within the Warehouse – primarily (but not limited to) Goods In, Stow and Pick
- Supervising and maintaining a high level of Warehouse housekeeping (5S) and actively exploring opportunities for continued improvement
- Proactively managing and monitoring individual and team performance to ensure work objectives and standards are achieved
The successful candidate will have previous Supervisory experience in a Warehousing and Inventory Management environment. With experience in the management, development and Supervision of personnel, you will bring a positive attitude with good interpersonal and teamwork skills to the role.
You will also possess:
- An adept ability to quickly problem solve and implement well thought out solutions
- Punctuality with an infectious work ethic
- Computer literate Microsoft Office (SAP B1 experience desired) and capable of operating an integrated computer system
- An acute sense of ownership, pride in performance and output to improve business
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge/qualification is desirable
Our values are structured around our colleagues, our customers and our service, and while our approach and atmosphere within the business is fun, friendly and informal, our priority is always on delivering successful outcomes for our customers. These company values are what inform and protect our unique culture, which in turn shapes our brand and differentiates us in the eyes of our partners around the world. At the heart of Peak is a focus on ‘doing the right thing’, it’s an informal approach but one which is well-known and understood throughout our business.
Established over 20 years, Peak Scientific is a leading innovator in the design, manufacture and support of high performance gas generators for analytical laboratories, with direct operations in every continent around the world. This success is a result of a continual focus on manufacturing cutting-edge products and in directly supporting customers across the world with industry-leading service and maintenance. With over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 600 staff globally, Peak is one of Scotland’s manufacturing success stories of the past decade. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of that, as we move into the next phase of growth, consolidation and global expansion with plans to establish new manufacturing and distribution capacity, both in the UK and internationally.
Now is a great time to join us! This Warehouse Supervisor role will be challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding and engaging. On offer in return is a fantastic work, life and fun balance, a great work environment, plus the chance to make a real contribution to the future growth and success of a global business. If you like the sound of our brand and culture please click APPLY!